06 November, 2007

Bolo and the Magnetic Fields

I once saw the Magnetic Fields (young and insane). Well, I've seen them more than once, but......well, it was all kinda one long concert, so maybe i did just see them once----------Hilts==start again.

It was a terrible day. Big Bolo, little Bo's brother, picked the day the tickets for the three announced MF shows were put on sale to , well, die. He'd been getting old and had the bad hips seemingly endemic to Alsatians. But when I got to Jacksons that day, horror met me. E. came out deeply effected, and walking in there was poor Bo scrabbling on the floor. he was trying to get up to meet me, but he just couldn't.

Very sad, but he had to be put down. His owners showed- I was glad I was there that day. B-Ball and balz came over to say goodbye. We had to load the dog onto a sheet to carry him to the car, but it hurt him so much he was snapping. I had to put on a leather coat (armour) and baseball mitt to load him up.

His last earthly stop was the vet. i remember pulling up in back, the cold clinic room where our dog was laid down, and the shots. We hung for a long bit, and he held on for a long time. And then he started to go.......

Jackson and I planted a maple in front of his house (not the new one) some weeks later and a bit of Bo's ashes were put in. Life goes on. There is even a brand new Bolo. I gotta say, a little of Bo lives on. Y'd be suprised, too. Next time yr hanging w/ Blackie, ask him for his impression of the dog= its beyond great.


" We have come to bury our beloved dog Bolo. He is gone from us in this world. But let us rememeber the dog that was. His circling the living room of 1207, racing @ litespeed, never having to touch the floor because he could rip 'round the room on the couches and chairs that used to line the walls. My wrestling matches w/ Bo- Blackie, you remember. The thunder bark. When we first got him- his treating 1207 as his own private shitter. Jackson and I trying to get him to run with us on Montrose Hill- our attempts to fake him into running up the hill after us. Bo never lording over Gator when age had sapped Gator of his previous 'top dog' status this is our beloved dog- we can only live out our miserable allotment of years now that our beloved dog is gone. "


But wait- I was talking about the Magnetic Fields. This whole bit was started by my seeing that the MAgnetic fields are touring again. So, as big Bo was on the floor and we were waiting for BBall to arrrive so we could head to the vet, I asked ( and felt funny- here I was in th presence of the last hour of our dogs life, but also== @ long last, my opportunity to watch the band live had arrived, and I was buting the tix NOW).

They originally started w/ three shows (f-s-s). Then a Saturday afternoon show was added later in the week- Yes, I'll buy t a ticket for that show as well. Then announced several days after that- a sunday afternoon show. I though long and hard- and then though it would have been a co out to see FOUR of FIVE shows - do it all.

I was glad in the end. Wilde shows. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grrrrrr grrrrrrrr woof woof woof !!!!