12 November, 2007

Boring recitation of what I did today

This was Veterans Day, so I did some wilde and crazy stuff. I decided to go to the Loop to buy Gf some expensive jewelry, and I didn’t want to drive the car. My plan was to drive to 95th and State and park the car near a park- free parking- and take the El in. However, I actually left early enough so that there was no traffic. That, and the fact that it was a holiday, led me to just drive the car to Chinatown, park it a few blocks from the El stop, take it to Chicago, and walk on all points south.

I stopped by Victoria’s S. first- they always have specials on thongs and stuff like that for Gf to wear- like 3 for $25. They had some fun stuff, but I passed; Marshalls instead. Although thongs of course were for her, they were in a sense more for me- if I wasn‘t totally happy, pass fer sure. Then I went to the jewelry shop and got a nice bracelet for a birthday or an anniversary of something like that. It was a long walk from Chicago and State to a Mr. Subs on 37 N. Wells- I had a 2-1 coupon and got double king subs for supper for four. Then to the Harold Washington Library to collect cinema- 3 DVD’s and 3 VCR cassettes. Then back down into the subway @ Harrison, to 22d Street, and walked back to the parked car. It was a lot of walking- maybe three miles. Good.

I had been thinking of stopping by a thrift store or two and do some shopping, but since the Dan Ryan was so open this day, I decided to do the unthinkable- take the expressway home @ rush hour. I won. It was clear- the holiday and the ending of repairs on the Ryan have really opened this expressway up. It was more the holiday that cleared it today, however.

I was so happy to get that done, and it was only half of the things to be done today- wood for the bookcases was to be bought as well. This mission failed- I could not find my ‘blueprints’ I had slaved over for two months to get just rite. This sunk that mission for the nite, but it opened up another- shopping for groceries!

Second time in two days I shop- yesterday Dominicks, today a local Fine Foods’ type place. I have been converted by GF into shopping in these sorta places- generally so cheap. I really like to shop for food, and when its @ a nice price, tant mieux pour nous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I googled "thongs" and found your blog. i luv it!!!

Hilts said...

I can only respond to Mr. Creepy by saying GOD BLESS SECURITY OUT.