08 November, 2007

Meet the Puppets/ Wednesday.2

Went to see the super rockers The Meat Puppets @ Double Door last nite. I was never the biggest MP fan- not that I didn't like them, just that I never really went the extra yard. I went to the show last nite on another of my "Don't be a lazy fucker and miss yet another show- Smokey Treats got the tix, just hit reply and tell'm y want one."

So, even though I'm not the biggest fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I can't go, but they are playing to-nite and .... I wanna. Sound was beyond great. Guitars, bass, drums, singing- all perfect. I had lots of people taping the shows in various media= Smoky treats had the most elaborate setup- Mr. Fancy Smokey Pants laptop hooked into the sound board ( Y'd expect anything less that that from him??), Rocky camering his goodsongs and taping them all ona sound recorded clipped to his glasses. And X- Ray made a deeply surprising appearance- deeply gentle man who spend most of his time outside of Chicago, but always a hero's welcome when he returns.


Returns? What about the hippy section in the front row. Wow, we'd forgotten. For a minute, I was thinking I was going out w/ Madonna again and a lot of her college buddies suddenly showed up. It was good to see the yippies.


And others=


Guitars, Gunners, and Curtis

Chartman, Snowden, and .....now, who am I forgetting??


Final thing. Except for one. I was very surprised about how many songs I was actually familiar with. I'd say I knew about half of them. Funny= although I was never that into the Meat Puppets that much, evidently my frenz were plenty.


and

No comments: