02 November, 2007

last day

It was a sad day, this First of November. Oh wait, it was also a gloriously fun and “Yes Yes Yes !!!” type of day. But also it had its sadness about it- it was the last day of the coupon book’s coupon were valid- 1 Nov. My precious books, lovingly pourd over and planned over and constantly referred to the past 12 months- all done with.

I really wanted to use two last two for ones @ Panini (previously called Arabica) before they lapsed into uselessness. My plan was Gf and I to take Mom and two of the neices, but neice.4 couldn’t go. Gf and I’d been there many times, and it was fun for us to take them both. We’d tried to take Mom to the pplace last week, but the plan fell though. Again, good old neice.3. Mom needs to go out more and be more active, so this was a great operation. She enjoyed it, and we all chowed down.

It was then that we raced to Lanigans to Fire it up. The Red Fone was used, and we made the TRI. Since we were way up there, we decided to drink one or two @ some lesser patronized by us because of distance drinkery. I’d had two Crowns already @ Lanigans; despite my deep love of Chicago’s famous Rainbo Club (read the haters), I returned to the straight cider. Rain not an Irish bar--despite the bars considerable stature in my life, I have to say that their crowns are not crowns but swilled to-gether swish. Funny- both Gf and I are the total converts to the crowns- her quote was that “something was missing” with just a cider. Like that Guinness twist.

Rain was kool. I wanted to see what it was like on a Thursday- I kept forgettin’ the day off. Lotta old school regulars, not the typical weekend type crowd. Not too crowded, but growing as we were leaving. Two very old school bartenders- going back to the early 90’s. Gf wanted to take a picture in the fotobooth, but we didn’t get it done. Long drive home by Gf pilot my pilot.

No comments: