09 November, 2007

Gary Younge and all

The Guardian is one of my very favourites. I mite get the NYT, Trib, and Sun Times much much much more, but the Guardian is such a treat.

Gary Younge of the Guardian is one of my favourite columnists writing today. Loyal reader for 5-6 years now. My other favourite from the Guardian is the Parliament writer, Simon Hoggarth. When I'm in Britian or mainland Ireland, I always skupper under seats or out of trashcans beloved copies of this sheet. When I'm on my mothers island in Ireland (cut off from the mainland), I have the paper sent out especially for me so I can collect it from the shop ( has to be sailed in daily from the mainland).

I was flying out to Europe 3-4 years ago and I waited @ O'hare for an hour until two guys walked away from the copy of the Guardian that was under their chair in a waiting room. Maybe I should have asked and saved the time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who said you could use my picture, yo?

Anonymous said...

There are moments when things really are the way they seem and facts really do speak for themselves. Bad as the facts may appear, attempting to rationalise them only makes matters worse. Trying to convince people otherwise only insults their intelligence.