18 November, 2007

On returning

Wasn't the Suet they made for- three of them were crowding the seed feeder. I got some film of it, but for now a picture will have to suffice. I've said before, I've counted up to 23 of these Monk Parakeets in the yard @ one time. Now that winter is setting in, my guess is that they will start showing up like they did last year- lots of times throughout the day. Welcome back- it's the first siting of the season.

Grackles= I'm pretty sure they have flown the coop South.
Cardinales cardinales still around, thankfully. The local pair whose territory my feeder is in* usually flies south for winter.
Now: I wonder if I'll ever see the rose breasted grosbeak I saw once 4-5 years ago on the feeder. Will I ever again? And: when will I see the first of the dark eyed juncos? It's about their time now.
..........................................
*=there have been hysterical cardnal 'fites' over the feeder. There are times when their are two couples in the yard, and it's four birds chirping and the males flying rite after each other.

No comments: