02 March, 2008

Soccer and basketball

Deeply tiring day in school. So exhausted - i know, ain't we all. 7th and 8th just felt like falling asleep. soccer practice after school then. We didn't stay too long- head coach wanted to give'm a day off, but i'm glad she had'm play. The last program I was with we'd start every day practice the week before thanksgiving - that Dr. King frase about the "Tyranny of now" (that Barrack has used and correctly said is Kings.....oops, sorry - that's just a joke - it was a non issue for me) really rangs out w/ that program. Now, that every day practice drained the life out of me then, but the kids really needed it - they will be much better adults for it (or @ least all the reseasrch say).

Went directly from my practice to my old programs practice (Presidents H.S.2) to talk over the possibility of some games with them - well, one game. However, there is no room for an official game on their schedule - filled up to the max allowed by CPS. however, the bone of a scrimmige game - in full uni, probably reffed by one of us - was thrown out. Funny- I loved that program so much, and in all reality it is one of the things in my life that I look most proudly on - I totally want to incorporate as many aspects of that program in Hilt's H.S.'s soccer program. However, I am just a JV coach new to the program and do not want to be a pest. I have to know my place. Shit, I ain't even got a full time job here - I am but a sub.

To Gf's rite after. She -the wonderful gf that she is - drove all the way to our favourite pananni place on 111th and picked up some cheese pananni's for my third and final meal on a Friday in lent. Also had eaten a stuffed cheese giordano's for luch - glad I'm not Vito ('The Trouble w/ cheese') or I wouldn't be able to eat anything on these Fridays. It was great - (called Pananni X-press, I think - used to be called Arabica coffe house, but my guess is the racism eths after 9-11 forced a change of name for business sake) everything here is great.

The the long drive out up Odgen Ave to Downers Grove to watch my schools team take on sixoutofeightnephewandneiceshighschools boys b-ball team in the section final @ Downers Grove North High School. Very obvious it was all Hilt's H.S's team - the biggest thrill for them came when a three cut it to 10 with 4m left. No chance - sloppy as my school's team can be, the n/n's team was totally out heighted and only stayed within 'not being killed' distance was three after three. Teachers in the crowdc- just the ususal ones who show up -me, three gym teachers, and a retired gym teacher.

Next game is in Oak Lawn and easy for me to get to. Good. Competition will be tougher - it'll be a 32m game, I do believe. Gf has indicated she will go. Wednesday nite, 7.30p.

A stop @ Joyces on the way back. An expensive bar -well, for me - and a VERY VERY VERY blue coller bar. Hockey always on - one of the bar tenders has a serious love of it. Only drank two - and I didn't get sick. Again, love the fact that I can now wear nice clothes to bars and not worry about ruining them with the fucking smoke. Fuck the shitheads who were against the pro clean air laws*. Their arguments included there is no proof that second hand smoke kills -anyone have any links pro/con on that? and let the market place handle it by opening up non smoking bars and let the non smokers go to them. My kiss off to that argument is easy - oh, ok, lets let the capitalists protect the health of the workers. They've been such --and continue to be-- such a champion of what is good for health and wellfare of countries people so far.

To the pisser, and of course when I come out some fuck is already hitting on Gf. Not her fault @ all- it's just so tiresome. I mean I'm sure the guy saw us sitting to-gether for a half hour - what did he expect??**
..................................................................................................
*=How I hate to play the game . 'pro clean air laws' was originally written 'anti smoking laws'.
**=How I hate to play the game .

No comments: