04 March, 2008

Fuck the Popeyes on 103d.

Ate @ the Popeyes @ 103d and Kedzie to-nite. Tried to use a coupon, but the girl refused.
You gotta pay for drinx.
No, that's just if you want to get the catfish dinner. See- read the coupon.(Revolting thought, that- people eat CATFISH ??)
No.
So I whip out another card. Let me use this.
I don't know how to use this.
Ask them, they do. (I motion to the other workers)
(She does)
Can I have two?
No.
Every other time I have ever used this card that is the deal. See- it doesn't say you can't- no limit, rite?? Ask them.
(She does, and they say)
Doesn't say there's a limit on it.
But still ...
No.
So then I change my order to get just one. Done. Since I now don't have to break a twenty, I pay with $5 in quarters and some other change.
I am very pleasant and smile and cheerily respond throughout.
When I get home, I discover that the chicken pieces are tiny.
I am to send a card to the manager saying that they have lost my business because it is vey obvious that they do not want my money.
I was very polite, too. Did I mention that? Jerks.
Maybe that long fabled Harold's Reniassence is about to occur.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough week for Popeye's. First Obama, now Hilts.

Anonymous said...

a ge ge ge

Anonymous said...

Luv dat chicken from Popeye's!

Anonymous said...

Manee of da peeple donta reliza dat Popeye (correctly proonounced Pup-ai-ye, wit da eccente on da middel syllabele), is an Italiano. Ee begane ees career with da Italiano spinachi industria. Nexta time ordar da chicken parmesano.
-Oliva di Olio