10 March, 2008

La Cocina de Crankface / Sunday.2

Suppered w/ the Gallos yet again- but w/ a bit of a twist. This time it was in Printers Row @ Patience Place.

I had another horrid sleep nite - I covered this yesterday - but I was totally wiped out. So, when we got there, I was totally out of sorts. Doubt I made any sort of guest. Luckily Gf - well, lets just say I depend on her a lot to be the sociable part of the couple many times.

But first it was finally time too see wildlife in the city. I've posted before about the owls that have set up winter residence in a park near 13th and Plymouth - and since we were early, it was time to go to hooters. Small little park in a 'cul de sac' type area smack dab in the middle of the city - meaning the areas like a suburban type closed off place where one has to drive into the area and then put the flashers on the car because my type is not welcome there - city park and all.

Gf spotted them quick -and i snapped them up and will publish them later. Although I saw owls in the show last month @ Starved Rock, this was the first wilde owls ever seen. A treat for both of us. Snaps to follow.

Arrived @ the 'facedome @ fourdome. Little drinking by me. Half asleep and sleep a half, the very thought of liquor made me nauseous. But I did have a bit of Reisling wine - a bottle was cracked, and I ws the only one to sip any. I was in a camera happy mood, so I took lots of snaps- most shoddy -as is my style- but some cool. To follow later.


There was spilled drinx - purple on white - spilled LP's - I got to hear "Hitch Hike" by the 1963 Stones and "Brothers doing it" by ???(something I always play @ Patience Place), as well as cop a underground disco CD and a Smiths/Morrissey book by Rogaine or whatever his name is. I recame across one of my absolute favourite Morrissey quotes where he gushes Love onto "Hand in Glove". I'll find it later. Tried to entertain the Galloito's by bird talk, but their attention wanted quite soon. Never understand how parents have it in them.... I also refused...

Dinner was humongous. Like last Sunday, I can't do justice with words - there were tastes, and smells, and textures = all lovely. It was centered around a roast, but there was also potatoes, parsley, some kinda cake like deal, gravey, asparegous, and my favourite - brussel sprouts. Good meal. I'm a shitty cook, so what we had and how it was prepared, I dunno. Again, like Gallo dinners, I can't do it justice. Loved it.

And I brought some home for Mom. I got a good plate to take, and determined to get Mom to eat some. To-nite, Cranface and Gf (like she will ever read this) - not for lunch. Lunch today? Feel Macdonalds.

Snaps to follow whenever I kick myself....

Gf drove me home. So exhausted. But I still stayed up and watched a Jesus Dvd for 50m to finish it.

No comments: