05 March, 2008

OUT !!

Terible sleep last nite, as all my sleeps are now. Tired all day. Did a lot of good work in library- I got a ongoing project with sevral studenst tom create billboards - a nice assignment a Like doing a lot. There was some ordering going on- I seconded a Stones bio - instruction on new databases- some delation of fines, etc - sometimes I feel like a real librarian. But I also feel like a sub as well - I had two english classes 8th and 9th. I got a worksheet from the teacher and 8th was real fucking wilde - but I forced the assignment on them, kept reproaching them for their behaviour, did not let them sit around but lead them in 'getting it done' - and w/in 25m they were finally doing the assignment. They finished it - again, I did well. 9th was EASY - it was the same assignment, and I now had all th kids thinking I knew all the answers. There was alot of work in these two classes. Sometimes -sometimes - I am a true Winters who leads by example.

Soccer practice after. I love it. I haven't said this before, - I think - but I fill a real need on this team. The last school i worked under soccer Gods who had run the program for years. This school's coach is in her third year, and I know my lended expertise helps both her and the girls. I'm the head coach of the J-V girls, but hopefully will help the head coach of varsity as well. It's such a different program.

Went home, had - what, 40m? - before I was out the door again to see my H.S.'s state playoff BBall game. It was in oak Lawn - very close, as opposed to last weeks game - and it was a very close game. Up by 7 @ half, we lost the game and lost the dream. Sucks - I was really getting into the team and felt the season ended too soon. The other team had a loud cheering section, so I did my best to raise my voice in times of quiet to counter them. But we lost. I'm sad. And that's all i will say.

Gf went, as well as Goodkixx. Funny- last Fridays game was my school hammering the other team- and I noticed Gf kinda took the side of the team being pounded. Tonites game was so close, Gf finally took our kids side. I really wished we would have won - I was thinking that it would be fun to go to the state playoffs in Peoria. Never been so far. Not this year either. And that's all I will say.

Was going out to have a drink @ Lannies w/ Kixx, but -for the 765th time - I'd left my lites on. Drove to Sister.2's house to get cables and jumped it up. Too late for anything except to slink back to the crib and collapse.

Well, and blog a little bit.
Crushing loss.

No comments: