10 March, 2008

Best Parade held annualy / Sunday part.1

Exhausted Hilts - like I was trying to jump the first one clean all nite and morning - was in no mood in the AM, but walked the dog to w/in 'long range' of the Irish parade 'round 1400h. It lets out @ 1400h, but I was much too tired to walk all the way to Western to see it. So I did what I did last year - took Bolo to the traxx that seperates Mt. Greenwood (my 'hood) from Morgan Park on 111th. Poor Bolo- he was spooked by the crowd that were staggering back fromWestern Ave. next year I won't walk him.

The Parade? It's a St. Patrick Day's deal, always a kool deal for the 'hood. Very little times do we get any city love, but on this day we always do. Everyone wears green and is in a jovial mood. Usually cold, and it's always held so early - like the Sox -Cubs games, the city knows to hold it early so there will not be the stunningly excessive drinking that characterizes both events.However, even @ 1400h, there was the Stagger O'Lee's slipping back west to my part of the sector (I spotted only one sleeper in a doorway).

Also - it's a young persons neighbourhood, especially on this day - and there were many ....... uh........ lets say Paris Hilton type outfits , but all in green. I always like that. I have some cheap snaps of 'the walkback a mile away' from the epicenter of the parade - maybe when I get the opportunity, I'll post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don'y you just hate when hilts talks of himself in the third person. yeesh - give me a fecking crate. Asshole. I hate him and will never read his blog again.