18 March, 2008

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Longtime ago, rite in the early early early days of ' Security.............Out! ', Gf and I were driving back from the Shipley's* south on L.S.D., and suddenly

this was on

and she was rite next to me and I understood and she understood (Je pense) and We understood and a powerful feeling of deep helplessness came over me and I never talked of it to her to this day. The power of it all, the responsibility of it all, the deeply scarey nature of it all - and I'm not talking about the song, I'm talking about ........ well, you know what I'm talking about.

I've never told her about this song and it's centrality to...whatever it's central to. And since she never reads '{ Security............OUT !! }' , she'll only hear of this from Rocky next time she sees him.

@ the Patiences much later, Vito in town, I forced this song on the record player when we were having a danse party of 7 or 8 or 9 people, and despite the moments hesitation from the seven or eight or nine, they also understood and dansed to it that nite. Gf was there.

I always thought -well, knew - that this would be a good song to danse to after that experience on the road.

I think it's th only time in /Security.................OUT !/ 's history that GF has ever been called something other than GF.
I'm still deeply afraid every time I hear this song.
............................................................................................
*=funny - it was Lake Shore drive - that I was sure of - but it was Rocky's crib, and not Gallo's. How the memory play trixx. Finally located the post from that nite. Read it and I weep - from the helplessness of it all, and from the wilde wilde west days of S.o., my favourite = when nobody read it. Now, as I drunkly noted on a pad of paper about a year ago about this blog "what my readers demand of me is production"** - not quality, nor insite, nor flourish of frase, or whatever - all I could come up w/ was 'production'. Boy, wouldn't it be fun to be able to write like I did two years ago? Or have something from that era I'd never posted and am still working on ?
**= meaning 'volume'

No comments: