02 March, 2008

films and settings finally set

We had lots of plans, but some got thrown into a pit and we were all called witches or something.....

Rehersals - pit

So, making a movie - not so much a plot, but there is dialogue. Have a part for Pepper, my notoriously notorious friend. notorious one thing is him saying "yeah yeah, I'll be there in exactly 25m......and 25h go by. It's one of the things I love about him. And yes, the one time I absol. had to have him in the foxhole next to me - he was there, with his '45, standing in the steel storm calmly taking out bayonet-brandishing enemies charging our position while I was attempting to clear the jam in the .50 caliber machine gun. But I've learned that minutes often means........well, it often means never. It's always a treat not knowing which. So, wanted to get him the scriptpito so he could practice for Sunday. Never happened.

Hilts as Christ

Long time I'd staged pictures of me in the Christ pose. Since that terrible beard and starting-to-get-long-hair was gonna be gonna be gone w/in 30h or so, I got the flash to Christ it. Cold- but not too cold - day, and I figgered that my silver maple out back would be a good cross. It was all on the run, since I had to collect Chemical Man soon and drive out west soon: so I had a slapdash effort to set up the camera, stick some hockey sticks to-gether to make the crossbars, and then practice hitting the button while climing up a ladder and then a fence to get into position. Went ok - foolish (the point) but not super pleasing. It's ok.
OH SHIT - I'm going to Hell for this snap !!! Wait -I forgot - Jesus was a kool dude, and while Crucifixion is a horrible thing, my efforts are not so different from Jim Carazival or those dudes in Pilsen who reenact the Passion. Well, a little different. Monica Bellicuhi wasn't there.

Haircut -gotten done

I told Chemical Man that it was to be this Saturday that we'd drive out to Darien - sorta where I was the nite before for the basketball game - and get our hair cut from our childhood barber Aldo. Child......... well, I was 19 when I first went to Aldo. Yeah, child. We went out there by a little strange way, but we got out there in good time. I drove and kept thinking I knew where I was exactly - but we got there despite that.

So glad I got my cut. The beard remained - it had another day or so to go- but always losing so much hair makes one feel like a new born baby. I had the same cut as last time: a bit on top to sweep to the side, razored out in back and sides. For the last few decades I always got the real short all over with a little bit sticking up on top - it grew into a nice deal and I loved it. Looked professional while shrt. However, last Aldocuttime finally I switched so I could let it grow 'long' on top - all for that feeling of tossing yr hair back and forth when I'm dansing (true). Hmm. And when was the last time I danced??


Aldo was in good form. He is retired, but he still sees his old customers in his house. Darien is a BIT FARTHER than the place on 63d in the Old Neighbourhood, but the NS-1 Peter Strasser is a great equalizer. He had 'customers' earlier in the day - hair on the floor I did see - but it was only us when we got there @ 1.45p. I took some snaps while Chems got his done- in between trips to the pisser to relieve myself. Too much cafe in the morning and Walgreen's Brand Cola (.79 -v- $1.49 for Coke - easy choice) on the trip over.

Haircut? Perfect. I like.

Film permission and notes- gotten done

Wanted to make a film about Aldo. Had to ask him if we could do something next haircut. Short, 10m, about his coming to America and his experiences here. He was more than happy, and Chem and I -err, I- took notes and addresses and such. A serious little film. Serious as in NOT STUPID. Good ideas. Will film interview w/ Aldo in 3-4m, whn we go out and get our hair done again. Plan is to get Moho - who lives nearby - to join in.

White Castles

We set sail back to the city, and we had a coaling stop @ White castle. Thank yr lucky Hilts for me being on my good behaviour : a girl working there stopped me and said "Hey, aren't you @ Hilts H.S. in the library? You helped me use the copying machine."

A teacher never knows the time nor place..............

Trip to gf's bro's-pit

Was going to Gf's bro's again. She called and said he was flu ridden and she was just going to drop off shit and leave. We had plans to go out and eat and catch a movie. I'm more than happy to hang out w/ her family - we rarely do, and sh sees my family all the time. I'm a bit badfeeling on my part because of that, but in reality context dictates it.

So, no drive to the Northwest side. We'd hook up later. Some unexpected hours now free.

Rehersals - pit

Called Pepper with the unexpected hours in my mind. Knew he wouldn't come, but tried anyway. Wrote up his lines all nice for him to practice. I had to get this shit done - wanted to cut off the beard and get my hair cut done all @ once - the impact impact.

Dinner - eaten

Portrait of the Artist as a younge man - gotten done

Decided to fuck around and go in costume. In the mood. In earlier times I liked to be loud and goofy and whatever the fuck goes. I remember tlling Joker again and again that "You've never seen the real me.", and it's kinda true. The sad thing is that the "real me" was out of commission by the time I hung w/ him closely - I was 24. Yeesh. So, in the spirit of Vito and Vampdom going about in drag in years past because it was funny, I decided to turn a hat/scarf backwards and use it as a hat. Meaning I was to look real real stupid. Stupid, yes. Pointlessly stupid. Look @ the picture. I decided "Go". Gf? Generally she's ok with most of the stuff I do. She couldn't care less i was going to pointedly make a fool of myself. She's pretty cool.

A funny reflection, though - where to go to do my 'performance art'?? The only two places were either Keegans or Lanigans. Decided to go to Lanigans because if I was to look like a Freak, this was a better place to look like a Freak. Truely is a place where most people know my name -or @ least my face. Oh, the manager St. Nick would shout out in his very Irish accent "WHAT THE FOOK ARE YOU DOING, YA FOOKING HILTS ?!?", but leave it @ that - he's known me for six years now. Keegans - I knew I'd know a lot of faces (turned out to be 6-7 that nite)- is familiar, but less so. There'd be a lot less people I know.

The other side of the reflection is that sometimes I totally want to avoid Lanigans. When I want a drink with myself and my paper, I'll skip Lanigans and go to Keegans - less chance of being drawn into a conversation. Because I will. But @ Keegans there is space and volume and people as buffers if I want.

I love both places for many reasons.


However, Lanigans was empty - so it was to be Keegans. We went in, costumed up was I, and felt ok. The owner Barney saw me and I saw him - and he didn't make a fuss. His non chalance I took as an impremateur. I go there often enough - he's known me what - 16 years?? The bartenders were kool as well (deliciously so), so I was able to sit down, have a few drinx, and relax in the glow of people looking @ me like I was some sorta Fuckin' freak.

Freak!

Now - don't get me wrong - seriously, I wasn't that freaked up- just backwards worn head gear that was a lot less severe than the picture looks - but it was enough. I enjoyed it. The next step?? Wigs!! I can't wait v- unless I discover that they are more expensive than I thought. Who needs real hair?? Brian Jones here I come!!

Plus - for the first time - I asked the bartenders to give me the cider/guiness in 40/60% proportions. That fucking cider is just a goddamn killer on me stomach. the 40-60 tasted great.

Blindsided from another planet .....................

Walked home in the cold. 2 miles. Only had a vest and a my 'Facecut jacket on as well. And the head gear, except now proprly worn instead of backwards.

No comments: