19 March, 2008

No Theatre for Old Man

The center piece of this day was several = Gf and I would finally see "No Country for Old Men", Good Kixx, Dragon, Tedwardian, Jacob (Nee Jamie) and I would catch a drink @ Rainbo or someplace down here. It was Spring Break, so I wanted to hang out w/ peoples its normally too hard to all @ once.

Mixed results. Good Kixx opted out a few days before. Tedwardian - a 75 to regular from lanigans - opted out. Too much to get him to go to a rocker bar on the north side, but I tried. Jacob - out, as he is reunder the spell of that bible homeless guy for a few weeks again or so. But Dragon remained.

So, Gf and I met in downtown LaGrange. I am early and get a nice space in the lot. I was so early that the theatre seemed closed.

Wait - seemed closed? Seemed really closed. And it was - stupid me didn't realise that some theatres close on Monday and Tuesday - like the La Grange. Gf pulled up in a bit, and we walked to borders to see if there were any nice movies available anywhere near. No. so we decided to eat - using a 2-1 - @ Al's Char House in downtown La Grange. We decided to just eat and then i would go to rainbo to hang with Dragon. Al's was delicious , but expensive . Even with a 2-1, the cheapest item was the massive burgers -- the only thing we could afford @ $11.95 a shot (2-1 meant that it became....well, six bucks.). Huge meal, tasted rite, wonderful. Black beans were a super side. Stuffed.

The call went to Dragon to meet @ Rainbo c. 45m after the call. However, the Strasser steamed well and I was way early. Went to Myopic to see if they had a handy little catholic bible for carrying arouind purposes- I once saw a sub carrying one years ago and always wanted one - but they did not have it. Or any bibles, for that matter.

Then to Rainbo. Stayed for a long time. Dragon was there. I was able to order 'field' cider/Guinness's - instead of a carefully delineated demarcation between the cider and the Guinness, it was just dumped all into one (better than just beer). WE ended up staying for a long bit. Dragon can be draining if one is around him all the time, but this is not 15 years ago = I rarely see him these days.

Took a bunch of snaps, will publise them when I get them online - hoopefully to-nite.

No comments: