04 July, 2007

A Sexist looks @ todays Spice Girls.

I like the Spices, I'll admidt it. Part of it is that some of their songs are good (some are, and remember my poppy heart), some of it is that Sporty Spice was always very very sexy to me, and part of it is silliness- I like'm.

I'd never heard of them the moment they entered my conscious: Blackie and i were two A.M.ing it, talking about old girlfrenz like we used to all the time (it's true: in the old days, I got the vibe a lot of times that he DIDN'T MIND WHEN HIS LOVER WENT TO SLEEP when I was over because we'd trade stories and ideas and thoughts about old lovers and such - and yes, even in the happy midst of whatever lover was there @ the time, I knew he always wasn't hamstrung about the old ones: what was good, what was bad, interesting, etc etc etc.....it's been a year since I last crashed @ Blaxx place.

So, 2 A.M., we talking, tv background on when suddenly or conversation halted in an instant- some poppy, dancing, somewhat atractive chix were in a real kool video for an arrestingly good song: Mute transfiction on our part until the instant the video was over.

Our reactions were cassic: I fell totally in love with the song an thought "Big Franks gotta hear this shit- I wonder if I've beaten him to this!?! Damn, the world a better place than it was 3m ago. OLE!!". Blackie, 1 foot away from me on the couch, simply stated " ........Well.........it kinda seemed..........just another prefab pop........... y know....... " . Ok, so he hit it on the head.

Wanted to bring the kids to see the Spices when they played in Tinley park in.......when, 1999/2000?
Too late!!
since it was sold out long before I decided to try. Plus I had no car.......too bad. But I got to partially make up for that mistake by taking four of the neices to see Spice World, the movie. Went to the $1 theatre and admidt that I didn't think it was as good as A Hard Day's Night - close though.

Always loved Sporty best of all- I'm a sucker for that kind of figure, and yes by stating that I know 50% of the population now very much hates me- but what am i to do? Invent that I'm attracted to something else? Or just ne truthful and state it- well, seeing it's my blog............. But as time flows, she's looked worse and worse, and it's Gucchi Spice (ERR, Sexy Spice??- Victoria Bexkham--it's Posh Spice, Gf just informed me) that is the really sexy one now. One sentance: Look @ the figure. I can be very soft on the worst sorts of woman if she carries Lazylinepainterfigure*.

So, the Spices tour again. Will I go? I can't imagine paying top $ for it, but maybe if the youngest of my neices (again the sexist- what about the nephew??) wants to go, I can just do it. And I promise to sing :

Slam your body down and wind it all around/
Slam your body down and wind it all around
...................................................................................
*=tried to concact a new frase, but the idea in the Belle&Seb nod is the word "line": somehow that is supposed to denote a fine figure, but even though it max no sense, I'll let it go.

1 comment:

Baywatch said...

I was always a Posh Spice man, myself. You can probably learn a lot about someone by knowing who their favorite Spice is...