09 July, 2007

Second Touch / Rome

Big Frank told me to watch HBO's Rome*, and I have been rewarded. I'm through the first eight episodes, and like it tremendously. Per usual, i got a book out on Rome, and it's in my mind now.

I'll write more about it later (the battle scences, etc...) but I wanted to touch on.............. Shit, i dunno how to put it words........Say, like after you watch a soccer game, a lot of time you gather yr frenz and go out and play soccer. Or, see a good documentary on architecture, so you grab a friend and go downtown to see Sullivan or Mies. Or when you hear a song and decide you have to see that band so you grab a friend to go. Or read an interesting recipe, so get to-gether to cook up a meal. Or...............

So, in Rome, there are markets, history, battles, palace intrigue, marches, friendships, customs, religion, army commands, etc...........and a lot of sex. And generally speaking, a certain back then it seems it was a lot of nonmissionary position that the Romans practiced - oh, just write doggy style, won't you?


*=By the way, nary of this touches on Cleopatra, though that's her in the photo from Rome above.

No comments: