24 July, 2007

Decembrists in July

Both Smokey Treats and Mr. John Gunners have recently sent out ele. smoke signals about getting btter use out of Mil. Park for 'that crowd'. I'm betty glad dat der be proactive frenz getting the crowd out. Gf and I'd been wanting to usas well, so stars aligned with moons and the rockers palyed with the orchastra.

The temporarily unemployed reached the park early and soonered some nice farmland. Gf and I, per usual racing, up to Odessa and then back down again to park west in the Loop. come 6.30p, its many times not that hard to find parking.

Show was.......well, I didn't pay that much attention. not much of a fan of the group, and when they came out for an oncore, I discovered that I actually know one of therir songs. The song got some in the crowd dansing, so it has merit.

Again, the emphesis s just hanging out w/ frenz. There was about 15-20 people spread amongst the assembled blankets: lots I didn't know, several were kids. As fer the crowd as a whole, since I'm sure a watcher, there were much the same trends as in my little band : lots of young people, many pretty, and lots with kids.

Cath(wo-oh) had gotten some eatables, and others had brought drinkables, but no one wanted what i had bought. Then again, it was so fucking crowded- as i'd said before, people had been starting to use the space, and when they'd been to the park before, they'd experienced a totally less filled place. the decembrists brought'm out, huh??

Rained a bit, but it twas a dribble. Nice nite.

Also hung apres show w/ Frida. I was going to a job fair on Friday, and Gf and I stopped by to collect some of her resumes for me to hand out then. She was leaving on a jet plane @ zero oclock the next morn, so we talked for a bit, enjoyed the crazy summer storm's 'lite and pony show' from up in the building. Love the violence of a summer storm.

No comments: