05 July, 2007

Cordite

Absolutelty, positively, love the smell of cordite. Ok, ok, as I just learned, it's not cordite that we smell, just gunpowder*. Disabused.

Hence-

when I rite
'cordite':
what i mean:
is 'powder'


Spent forever @ Gf's yeasterday, leaving upm out of there @ close to seven. Daylite still in Mt. Greenwood, but the battle was full on. America is a much richer place than when I was wee, and part proof is the stunning displays everywhere. 4 July was always loud and smelled, but this year in the hood resembled Waterloo. Ah yes, then the smell and the clouds of fucking smoke everywhere. we took the dog for a long walk admist the battle, and in certain areas it's just a fog about. Love it.

Bit of success in training things, be it soccer players, students, plants, and dogs, and decided to do the "everytime there is an explosion feed Bolo a sweet-treat so he assoc's explosions with food". I must admidt, it worked pretty good- he'd flich only @ the same explosions that we fliched.

Gf left earlt since we'd spent a lot of time to-gether the last few days and she had to work today. Left to my own devices, I read and slept somewhat early.

*=cordite came to me reading of the gun duels betwixt WW1 capital ships. Methinks three British battlecruisers succombed to "cordite flash" @ Jutland. Here's a cheap site.

No comments: