09 July, 2007

First article touching on sex / Sexy Librarians

I have such good frenz. Shipley, Gallo, and Big Frank (plus 'Cranksy', ive just discovered)all sent me a NYT article on Librarians that appeared in 8 July NYT. First of all, it always hurts me to miss articles in the NYT. I literally read 93% of the main section from m-f because I just love the international news. This got to be such a consuming task (in terms of time) that I only get it m-f So I really miss the sat and sunday versions of the paper- i hate to do it, but i need some time to read other things....

So, I can't link this article to this blog- NYT, unlike, say, the Guardian, makes users punch in their code words. I'm thinking of creating an email account tied directly to Security Out (the codes'd be rite there on the page)for the NYT, but we'll see. But for now, check it out yrself.

The article is geneally about how librarians are not the staid old lady types of image yore== especially because of the stunning importance of technology in the library these days,lots of hipster types are now involved*.

So, this brings me to an old lover of a librarian. I had classes with this girl who was my type totally- very sexy girl. It became known that we were interested in each other, and the secong time we went out we both knew @ a cetain point that "It was on." Now, this girl wore glasses 20% of the time, but I really developed a .....what's the word....fetish about her in thise glasses. As we were sitting @ Keegans, several drinks in us but no lines crossed yet, I told her I loved the glasses.....because......uh.........whyever I liked them I did. We were touching on our pasts, and she came out with this (italiscised parts indicate when she swept off her glasses): ""Oh, usually i'm the reserved librarian type, but sometimes I just take off my glasses...." Incredible image, and incredible @ that moment, because I knew what she was saying.


*=Wait, does this mean I can no longer carry the 'punk rock chip' on my sholuder anymore? I can't claim "I'm so kool because I'm Mr. Punk Rocker and look @ the uncool job I do? PUNK ROCK I'M KOOL !!!!!!! SO KOOLER THAN YOU !!!!!!!!!!" Damn. Thanks a lot, Shipley, Gallo, and Frank. Jerks. I was once kool and unique.........God i wish I had better frenz............. And that goes for fuck'n Cranksy as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the NYT article came out, it's not cool anymore to be a librarian, soooo July 2007.