01 July, 2007

63d Street Again

Gf has moved from the house she has been in for the whole time I've known her to her own condo. What a change. I spent about.........15m in that house. The experience of hanging out @ Gf's crib, therefore, is astounding-meaning just being where she lives, instead of being @ my crib. It's a nice condo way west rite on 63d--still in the city but where there are houses and condoe instead of shops on the street- hers is the first strech with houses, though next door to the east is a two story. Whatever. What a fucking mess. Boxes everywhere. When we moved house in 1991, it was such a tremendous thing to load up decades of stuff. She had to get rid of so much.

What is great is that there's wireless in the building. Somewhat weak, according to the 'bars', but strong as....whatever, it works. So I have been able to be online late to post(check some of the entry times to 'lately posts'), email, and watch ......Hero's (we are w/in 1.5 shows of having watched all of them- we'd missed the first five).

She has a stocked fridge. Always. Fruits and cheeses and breads and meats and goods and goods and goods.... She has very healthy sensibilities, so i feel guilty dragging her to Castles and Culvers and Maxx'x and Harolds. Her frenz had a funny story about her they told me once about when they were little: While a trip to the cornershop netted them potatoe chips and chocholate chips, Gf'd get oranges and apples and carrots stix. Exactly like her.

I must admidt I feel kind of bad sometimes. I'm a very nostalic person, and wonder what is going on for her- how she is feeling packing up and leaving the old house. Different for each person, i guess. I wonder, and have asked many times. Growing up I basically knew no divorced people. My uncle was closest: he was de facto divorced. He was seperated from my aunt- being Catholic, they couldn't divorce- but he lived with us and my aunt lived in Manchester, England. Otherwise, all of my frenz had two parents. It wasn't till I was........a senior in university that I was frenz with a child of divorce. So that whole world I'm a bit seperated from. So I wonder what goes on when it happens, and I wonder specfically what Gf has gone through. So the final selling of the old house and her moving into her own condo has me wondering.

She likes it a lot. She'll have it set up eventually. She's excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for gf!