11 July, 2007

Bless you Gallo

About every other year and a half I give in and do a Roman orgy book ordering from my favourite online distributer. Si vous aimez livres et aimer a les achetez*, then you should check the site of Edward R. Hamilton. Gallo was the one years ago who haphazardly kinda said 'hey check this out': I've been a lover of the site ever since.

Below is my latest list: I print it not to say "Look @ how kool I am- my choices- I'M SO FUCKIN' KOOL I CANNA STAND IT!"--rather it's just a "Hey--look @ these prices-you should check it out!!


HERE, THERE, AND EVERYWHERE: My Life Recording the... $9.95
THE BEATLES. $7.95
SAINT MORRISSEY: A Portrait of This Charming Man by... $4.95
PASSION IS A FASHION: The Real Story of The Clash. $6.95
THE FIGHTING AT JUTLAND: The Personal Experiences... $6.95
JUTLAND 1916: Death in the Grey Wastes. $9.95 $9.95
PACIFIC ALAMO: The Battle for Wake Island. $3.95
THE ROAD TO STALINGRAD, VOLUME ONE: Stalin's War... $9.95
BEYOND BAND OF BROTHERS: The War Memoirs of Major... $16.95
OUT OF THE ITALIAN NIGHT: Wellington Bomber Operations,... $3.95
Total Items: 10 Subtotal $82.50
Postage & Handling $3.50
Grand Total $86.00




AND NOW TO HOW KOOL I AM:
Yes, that's the hard backed Beatle book that set me off on my latest 1.5 yr Beatlemania. And yes, Crankface, i no longer need to borrow yr Emrick. Yes, that is the war bio of Winters I have't read yet (I bet it will take.............6h to read it- Winters one of my heros--and a killer , to boot!!). Yes, that is Ericksons history of the eastern front, the famous one that supplanted Clark's Barbarossa rite when this writer was a teenager in university. Funny, those early 80's books have now been supplanted by a new generation of writers who have access to previously closed Soviet records. Still wish to read erickson- I already have his Road to Berlin. And, finally, my fetishs for Jutland, Wake, and RAF bombing. will send it out to-nite.

*=I hate to say this, but French is still so fucking natural for me to use despite my deep immrsion- well, shallow immersion- into Spanish. One day I'll be able to whip out the Spanish as easy as the french. And damn is my tourist french fuckinh tite!!

No comments: