14 March, 2009

Football au printemps:Deadlines own Jessie Owens

Shocking day of running around and working and running around. Simply put - we had to get enough bodies on our three rosters to have three teams ready and alive- this being my first year running the show, it was kinda messy. They had to have two forms signed by their parents, and then the physical signed, stamped, and signed again. Some of the girls - rsponsible as hell - had it all. Others had this little dribble but not that - that but not the other - or .... nothing. So, w/ the help of the three other coaches, we assembled it all and delivered it to the AD - just in the nick of time. I woulda really looked like a fuckup if it didn't come off, and am glad ... PHEWWWWW - it went down.
But - it as all I did all day. Run here, run there, and be really quick w/ everyone. Real quick and short. My rep here is, of course, of a nice friendly guy who has time for most people. Suddenly I'm snappin' jessie owens, running from here to there, hurdles, sorry not nows, etc etc etc. I was given a pass by most, but am chuckled by the fact that people here HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS SIDE OF ME. Hopefully it won't come out often ... but it mite.
I depended a lot on the other coaches - all three came up big in getting helping me roster up and get it done. Basically, the JV coach ran practice, bless him, and it all went well. It was good to get this shit in - remember, this is the week of my 5am wake up and I can't go back to sleep craziness - all week this (5am wake up and I can't go back to sleep craziness) happened -all week - worrying about ... well, @ this point, worrying that this day went well. Since we now have three official rosters, I can relax somewhat a bit - but justa bit. My real calm time will come sometime around 1 April, when we get to play on our regular practice field instead of using gyms and catchascatchcan time @ our outdoor park rite outside school. Till then .. headaches a bit ... but lessoned.
Friday was deeply chaotic and hectic. But it got done. Maybe not w/ style, but again - I got it done.

No comments: