04 March, 2009

Tshiro Mifune

If it's not Morrissey or Orla, my next favourite name for a child mite be Tshiro. Well. But highly satisfied am I about my double viewing of "The Lower Depths" - one by Renoir, one by Kurasowa. WHich was better? I must amidt that I favoured the French for the first bit - but eventually the Japanese won. He's just such a good director. And I have seen so many of his films @ this point, it's fun to know that I have a passing familiarity with japanese actors/actresses from the 50's and 60's.


Both film were great.

But what of Italian Neorealism?

Well, the chicago Public Library System has only so many of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you. I send you documentary proof that security out was predicted many years ago by a prophet -- and yet you do not see. Before Kinski was, Hilts am.

Hilts said...

kk, not able to see in cps, will see if i get any 'home' time to-night