09 March, 2009

oi!

Woken by self @ 0400h, still awake , worrying generally about the team, scheduling practices, working w/ adm., working w/ assistant coaches, worrying about papaerwork, uniforms, the weather, gym space for rainy day this week, etc ect etc...


So, im awake when I shouldn't be.... man, what's it like to be a a parent?? Must be this times 12 million millions.
However, I will finally part w/ this little tidbit. One of the professional people I try to model myself on - or @ least watch and try my best to imitate - is our head librarian. She's magnificant and she has been a great influence on this substitute teacher who is trying to get a librarian job someday. She is leaving this school to start up a new magnet high school in the fall - which leaves an open library position @ this school - in every way my dream job.. I've known for a few months now, but was told to stay mum. She has now allowed the word to get out, so I feel ok relaying it here finally.

Funny - when she took me aside and told me her plans and was told to tell no one, I asked if I could tell Mom and Gf. Even though I told them both it was a state secret, Gf told Darwina who told Vito who told his bro in law who told his mom the librarian ....... well, we stopped the bleeding before it went farther than that. However, spread it about now if you wish. I have to image that since I have worked in this media center for 3.5 of the last 4.5 years that I have a Ahab pegleg up. But, 'stranger things...'.

And - funny how the people covalese around you - when word started to sprad, immed. the people here started to say "Mr. Hilts, you should shave more often - the principal likes..." "Mr. Hilts, tuck yr shirt in, the principal likes...." "Mr. Hilts, have you talked to the principal yet? Maybe you should...".

For a man who knows a mothers love, it's wonderful to feel similar from everyone here.

No comments: