16 March, 2009

Congressmen and the Congressman

LFP's big birthday party @ Cork and Kerry to finalize the friday nite of rushed and impportant things to get done. School, rosters, meetings, then dropping off paperwork @ kids houses - gotta get it in, no matter what.

Went home, ate dribbles, and then out to the b-day bash. Mrs. LFP had rented the party room of Cork and Kerry for the bash, and it was huge. 200 -250 people showed up - and there were notable people missing. Open bar - drank one beer, then switched to soda so I didn't feel like shit. Worked.

I knew barely anybody when i got there. Searched out LFP, talkd a bit, but he had 249 others to chat up, so I switched to Mr. B, an old neighbourhood guy who works w/ LFP. Thn I sat around for 45m talking to no one and watching the Hawks and college baskets on the large screen TV's.

Finally, the wildest person who ever lived - you think JAcob is wilde? - arived. Keener - who has slowed a bit, to be sure - never the less was lifting people up, kissing people, being loud, and mounting the stage to sing in the microphones. Tis guy......

The cavalry arrived finally. BCD, Big Man, and BCD's latest stripper girlfriend arrived. It was good to see them. I was able to chat the rest of the night w/ frenz. I hadn't seen Big Man in a long time, and it was good to try to catch up/ go back. BCD was in fine style - the new boisterous stripper (we liked her a lot and she was easy to talk to ), the roll of cash (He took his roll out to pay for something and I immediately grabbed his hand to see - yes, hundreds....), the usual late arrival.

One man who ran for Congress in our district in 2006 was there. I'd helped out his campaign because a good buddy was running it (and BCD and LFP suggested it) and had a lot of fun. He lost, but it was a kool experience. Iwas hesitent ot say hello, since he really didn't kno me - but when those guys arrived, he was there with us. Finally I summed up the courage to say "Hello Mr. ____, I'm Virgil Hilts". He said "Good to meet you" and then "Haven't I met you before?" , and when I told him I'd worked on his campaign, he smiled large and gave me a hug. I though that was kinda kool.

It was a Friday, so when LFP drove his girl (Don't worry, he's still w/ his other stripped girlfriend, and maybe another or two I dunno about) back to her car, solidly tired Big Man and I left and went home.

Got in, lites out w/in a minute.

No comments: