16 March, 2009

Football au printemps:Pito and the Crew

After the terrible rush to get paper-werkes beyond belief in - I raced in the Strasser to an important meeting near Comiskey Park to insure that we get even more paper-werke in to headquarters. This registered our school so we could have a team in the Freshmen League. By dint of hard marching, the cliche goes, and for the first time ever - my school has freshman team in girls soccer.

It was one of my goals. And yes, being an officer - a, uh, well, I'll declare because I know it - second lieutenant, say - involves getting these things done. I've been earning my bars. And it looks good for the school as well - only 12 other schools have a freshman team. And now us.

But I'm greedy. I don't want one team - I want two. I'm sure that maybe I have undertaken too much, but i want it really bad. One other school - a school even bigger than mine - has two teams. It's not competition with this school- it is simply the desire to provide a team for 20 more girls. My experiences coaching have been so positive, it's impossible for me not to want that when I can do it.

But we'll see. The meeting I went to basically was like a town meeting w/ voting. We met to set up the schedule - which teams were in what division (13 teams all to-gether, unless we get another --which'd make it 14-- in two divisions). We also set ground rules, and voted for it. "Ok, what if weather comes in and halts a game after ... say 25m .... should we consider that an official game?" "ok" "Yes" Hilts : "Well, doesn't 30m sound better - that makes it over the half way mark of the game (Soph/ Fresh League games last only 55m)?" "ok, is everyone in favour of a game being official after 30 instead of 25? Ok , 30m it is"

And it was nice to hang w/ Pito again. We coached to-gether @ Nek - the program w/ the biggest influence on me - and it's always great to hang w/ any of them. We had a good time - while the meeting went on, we were really like HS students laughing and making cracks and etc... I really miss that program, but life goes on. What I'm trying to create @ my school hopefully will have the same atmosphere.

We'll see.

Since the meeting was nar Comiskey, I picked up few tix - a single ticket to the 8th of April (it's too cold said she), and two for a day in Mai.

No comments: