18 March, 2009

Football au printemps: Us 4/ Them 0

Dateline Marquette Park:
Bizarre rushes, running around loking for this or that cheque, waiting for tyhe bus, the opposing coach calling saying "whghere are you" despite the fact that the game had been scheduled for 4.30pm- NOT 4pm - we played, finally, our first game. Look @ that score.
Exhausted beyond believf, I slept rite away - from 10.45 to 2 am - then awoke till about 4am w/ more worries and thoughts and .... Gf has always said I think too much. I seriously started to think 'maybe I should get some sleeping pills: but then ....... do I really wanna do that?
No.
Like the Imperial Japanese marines/ Army in WW2, I will work the work of Life raggedlooking, and 'shower/I need a vash" when I can.
To-morrow is another game. But - seriously - the tide of paperwork that NEEDS to get done is starting to receed, a game is under our belts ( they loooked so good - so good - so good) and coach Hilts has now meat behind all his pretty words.
We, y'know ... got it done.

2 comments:

Dread Pirate Jessica said...

Sleeping pill sleep isn't real sleep.

Hilts said...

Yes - I really just don't want to do that. I think I'll have another 1 week of stress and no sleep before i can finally get more than 4h of sleep a nite.

Then, everything set up, I can just coach the team and not worry about racing avfter papaerwork and all that.

i hope.