18 May, 2008

W/ a stranger @ Rainbo

First off, let me get this out of the way = "comeonissuchajoy/comeonissuchajoy"

My beloved friend, my cousin MA, ranf me once years ago and said "hey - they are having auditions @ a theatre company, and you should come and such a joy"................. err, try out for the play.

It was some Irish theme or other, and I went up simply because I heard in my cousins voice that id should come up.

Dunno. Always trusted her. Women look out for me always. Baby am I. Glad I listened to her.

There was some play. They handed me a sheet w/ two pages of lines on it. memorize it.

There was a girl. A young blonde. She was opposite me. She was a theatre person, so I immed. apologized to her that I was a non pro, and I hoped that she wouldn't suffer from a non pro like me reading lines opposite her.

She immed. (this is, like, 2000) told me hat her boyf. as also reading and that hbfwejnvnw;nb;wgbnwbotjoejoejvoe wahtever after that....................

But dwaldinlg time after the tryouts zeroed me onto both MA, my friend/cousin, but also one of her other frenz - Slinky Girl. Slinky Girl knew that je n'ai pas une voitre, so she volunteered a ride home.

But it slipped. One of us- yes, it was her - said "Boy I'd like a drink" or whatever - and since I was crashing @ Jacob (nee Jamie) 's that nite, I said "Hey- Rainbo!!" - it was near.

The only thing I remember about that drink are thus :
=we sat @ the bar slightly to the rite of the center.
=whatever we discussed, she @ one point came out thusly : "So, I take it, one of the things about you is "Joy" "(she'd heard enough about my nieces and nephews)
=she dropped me off in Humbolt Park, @ Jacob and Sandy's, and they were awake when I got there knocking. And I told them - hey, I was having a drink w/ a women to-nite !!". Both Jacob and Sandy, no matter what, love me. They were surprised and happy.

Comeonissuchajoyindeed.

I went out with her once after that. I totally got into her ....well, totally is too strong a word - I was interested - and after a month - after I'd told MA to make sure she knew I was interested - she called.

This girl was one of those Irish Chasers. They love all things Irish -music, bars, the brogue, etc... After MA got me her # oked by her, w went out on a date - to an Irish bar. See, she's very, um, an Irish Chaser.

Which is totally fine in two respects:
1- comeonissuchajoy
2- hey, Do you mean if I play enough that I'm of Irish descent, I can, um, kiss you on the mouth?

And yes, I as Irish enough to kiss this girl on the mouth.

Nothing ever came of it. I have to ask MA whatever happened to her, but there was no reprise of a date (her call). Never seen her again. No big deal.

But... the lessons learned. Such a joy=

One nite I was called by MA to show up and act. Hadn't before. Her encouragement to just do it. Train and bus up. Read my lines, embarrassed myself w/ the faux Irish accent on stage (yes, I know, I'm an actor), tell my cousin I think this woman is hot, and just hang w/ her.

Indeed, Gallo, Lennon, MA, and Hilts = come on is such a joy.

So come on.

No comments: