28 May, 2008

Loss in 2

Nephew.2's team couldn't over come the #1 team in the state in volleyball yesterday - they ran into a great team. Just didn't happen.

This game was @ the same school as the game I went to last week - the one that took 1.5 h to get to and I arrived just for the last two points of the game?? Well, Gf and I were late - again - because we went out to eat. When we got to the game, it was sold out and the sheriffs were there to keep control. Of course, being a Fiver, I had to find a way in. Dragged Gf around the building following one blind route after another -till finally, we got in through a back entrance.

Then state police stepped in an tossed us out. So, a game i was totally looking forward to seeing - possibly his last HS game ever, or the game that got them downstate. Was disappointed. Every time you take an hour plus ride to see something and it's sold out it's frustrating.

And they lost. I called the parents and they told me the result @ like 9pm. Didn't want to disturb Nephew.2. The next day Mom told me that Sister.1 had called and told her of the distraught feelings of the kids on the team - it was hard to hear and I felt bad. But - they will get over it. I remember that Monday nite in 1979 when we - the Guardians of the Famous St. Rita Football Dynasty - actually LOST a game. Wet eyes that sideline was. But - we got over it. We get over just about everything.

Funny. Nephew.1 had graduated last Thursday after their last win (Wednesday?). From then on, they practiced for this game. It must have been strange for the seniors - graduated, but still wearing the schools colours.

It was real fun while it lasted. Had they won this game, they would have been playing Friday @ one pm downstate. Yes, I would have taken off school. And although I feel real bad for the kid and kids, I also wish that we would have had a state champ in the family. He's a senior. There is no next year.

Then again, his next experience as a student will be as a freshman in University.

Some people have all the luck.

No comments: