12 May, 2008

The Origins of Chritianity

Early Christianity is still my deal these rading days. I finally finished that Isreal Lobby Boob- it only took 6m to read !! - and now I'm quickly rifling through Pagels Gnostic Gospels. I'd gotten it a long time ago, but only started reading it 2-3 days ago. Excellent. Written in 1979 by one of the main Gnostic history writers, I'm loving it.







I'm also watching stuff about the Gnostic Gospels. Lost Christianities (also a book by the same author) is a DVD of 7h of lectures by another Gnostic Schlor God, Erhman. This is a survey of Gnostic religions and their battles with "Orthodox" Christianity in the early centuries of Christianity. Love it. I watched the first three and a hald hours a month ago, and then started the second disc this weekend. It can be hard to watch a lecture on TV for 7h, but parcled out it's not bad. Plus I've been to many university classes where it was lecture for hours on end.

The last item on my list is the DVD of Origins of Christianity. Again, a MAC disallows me putting a picture of it here , but it's a 10 part DVD series by the same guys who did Corpus Christi (another 10hour DVD thing on Christianity). This series is about the.....well, origins of Christianity. It's funny - it's 5-8 yars older than Corpus Christi, and many of the faces are familier to both series - just 5-8 years older in the newer series. O. of Ch. is better aimed @ my interests - the early days of the church - althoug CC was just so good it'll remain special to me forever.

No comments: