26 May, 2008

Drummers, women, and bishops

Rocky can have his drummers and pretty women, but how the fuck has my life path possibly taken me here: I wish to go to St. Louis.




Why?



Judas by Ehrman has now had it's pace taken by another Spong book - he's the one who started me on this kick 6-8m ago - and in the enthusiasm, I finally checked outmhis website - and found out he's lecturing in that little city next wkd. This is what their web site says :




Save the dates: May 31, June 1 - The Rev. Dr. Clifford L. Stanley Lecture Series will present lectures on Saturday morning, May 31 and on Sunday, June 1, at Saint Peter’s Church. The special guest for this first annual speaker event will be The Right Reverend John Shelby Spong, Episcopal Bishop of Newark, retired.


The schedule will be:


Saturday:

8:30 A.M. Registration (in the narthex of the church building)

9:00 - 10:00 A.M. Lecture I (followed by 45 minutes Q&A)

11:15 - 12:15 Lecture II (followed by 45 minutes Q&A)


Sunday:

9:00 A.M. Lecture III

10:30 Worship Service - Bishop Spong will be the Guest Preacher


There will be no cost for this event.


The Stanley Lecture Series is presented by a generous gift from the Rev. Dr. Allan Zacher and Deborah Zacher. Everyone is welcome.



So, isn't it wierd that I'd be wanting to drive 4.5h to see some Protestent dude give a series of lectures and sermons early in the morning?


Man - and I remember all I wanted to do was go down to the lake, have a jamble, and kick out the Sister...

No comments: