27 May, 2008

Sunday Eatings ?? pictures later

Went to the Jokers and Ocean for the holiday picnic turn, and I'm gonna say that I had a great time. Funny, whatever the vibe was on Sunday, I rode it all the way out there, back, and am still buzzled up 'bout it.

They live on the other side of the known planetary system from me nowadays - Greyslake. Took a long drive / in my auto car w/ co pilot Gf and we made it way late - 16ooh on a projected start time of 1400h - but we were also the last to leave. The ride out was fantastically long up the tollway -they live almost in the next state- and I was worried about the car. I had neglected the oil for too long, and hated to make such a long ride w/out a change. And, of course, I was worried about the tolls. Strasser made it fine. Tolls not too oppressive - like, $4-5. total. Bad enough, but I was fearing $10... We found the place fine - ole mapquest!

Nice crib. This was a Memorial Day / House warming BBQ as it was the first time many had seen their new place. Man, they moved to the known edge of the habitable universe - a town who's school I interviewed @ either last or 2 ago summers. Nice crib - such a vast improvement over the cramped bunkers they had been living in. Spacious, nice light, comfortable. They have 70's wall paper they want to get rid of, but we all thought it was cool.

I had an uncommenly good time. Great to relax, eat up, and hang out. Big John, Kat, and Gunnerson, Chicken Balls, Happiness, and Baby, Vampire and Sunshine, William Randolph, The Guitars, and Dragon. And parents, workmates, and neighbours. It was good to hang out w/ Jokersdad. Last time I saw him was when Jokers parents collected their son for a lunch once when I was all crashed out on the spare bed/couch. Jokersdad, Chicken Balls, and I formed a small three man patrol that patrolled several places about the property - a needed military presence that routed all opposition in the basement.

Played a spot of ball as well. I had four mitts, Dragon one, and Joker one. Add that to Jokers alinium bat and my 4 leagues balls, and we shagged some flies and tossed it about. Nice athletic diversion.

But it was the food. I am not that big of an eater, but I wetn back for 6ths this day. Gf rocked some choicken, but of course there were delecies and sweets and meats and veggie delights to be snarfed all over. This crowd is not as cooking orientied as, say, some other crowds - but ensemble it was a mighty wallop of food - and I for once, ate up all the yums. Funny - I realise that I was chowing dowen @ a rate 236% my normal accelerated pace - but also did Gf. She knows me by now.

Last to leave, except for those crashing over. Long ride back -but of course it didn't seem as long as the ride out - and to Gf's.

Fun. Pictures of the picnic later, sorry.

No comments: