08 May, 2008

And on...............

So, the season for my girls ended on Saturday w/ a loss to the top team. But where was I yesterday ?? Of course, @ the Varsity game. For me, the season goes on. The tream i had been writing a lot about was the J-V team - but state playoffs include only varsity teams, so my season continues.

I like the varsity a lot. Obv., I'm a wee bit closer to the girls I was actually head coach of, but I'm a coach of these girls as well, and their success I exclaim as well. Especially when it concerns my girls.

So, it's the time of the seaosn when J-V season ends and the great call-up occurs. Varsity teams all over call up a few J-V players to flesh out the rosters on the varsity. I knew C MF would be called up, but was interested in who else.

Who else? Stopper and L F as well. And guess what? C MF and Lf played inportant roles in the varsity game yesterday (Wednesday) as we won 5-1. First - the other teams #1 player. I hate to bring race into some discussions, but I have never seen such an African American talent as one of the forwards on this team. Stunning. Strong, fast, and with a deeply powerful kick. Our gilrs also reported how nice the girl is as well. It would have been great to have her on our team, but in the context of the other team - not as good as us - she ws the do all. She played left forward, and the game she played was great. Long shots from 45 yeards out, wonderful crosses, threatening to break away each time she had the ball.

But what was my favourite from this game? The J-V girls !! We went down 1-0 in the first half, and were playing ok. But then C MF got to the ball and scored a nice goal. We had a J-V girls cheering section in the stands, and it was nice to see thier love pour out onto their teammate. Again - I always love the support the players give to one of their own when they are promoted to the varsity. However, this goal was credited by the varsity after the game for sparking them out of their bad play. L F also got a goal.

No comments: