01 May, 2008

Death Note #13

It all ended for me two weeks ago. I'd read #9 in the store, but then in a sudden 10 and 11 and 12 all were available. I set my time aside to experience what was to come (yes, i loved this series that much), and then let it flow. Death Note.

Gripping, mutherfuckers, gripping. Again, I know its a 'comic book', but I'm also a post Sister modernist, and understand that Deathnote = Mona Lisa = Terrence Hill = Ulysses = Lucia as Romeo = Aftermath = Luis Tiant's pitching style = Martin Donovan and Sandrine Bonnaire = Jesus = Matrix = Ryan Giggs goal against Arsenal in April 1999 = a Morrisian twist of frase = the first season of Lost and all of that. We all know it's all valid, but i'm feeling defensive (or vain and just wanting to list off some kool shit).

So, I said it: I've read Death Note 12, and full well know what happened. It had to happen, and I gave 10-1 odds that that would be the end. To use the words, it left me unsettled and a little disturbed. I found myself keep going back to That Moment in #12.

And now I fully uderstand The Myth. Like The Beatles or James Dean or Tupac, rumours of a return race across our heads like a hyperactive kidd off Ritlin.

What do we call for? What is the thing that fellow Deathheads like me breath in like air when we are around each other?

yes. Death Note #13. Which doesn't exist. Except in our wishes. Although there was a satisfying ending (well, so to speak) to the series finale - we want MORE.

Like a Beatles reunion, I hope we don't get it. Who wants to read a book about 17 June, 1904.

Well................. don't ya just know it- I'd love to find out what Bloom and Stephin talked about the next day.

No comments: