12 January, 2009

pasolinis that are out ahora

"Slumdog Millionare"
What - I only see Italinan pasolini's* from 1946-1952? Like I could exist w/ Gf with that steady diet of films? She'd wanted to see benjamin Bittons last wekd, but we were frozen out: insread we saw "Slundog Millionare". I'd read the reviews and figgered it'd be good. Quickly= not the greatest of films, but enjoyable. Go see it.

Now, as an aspiring pasolini, I loved the conceit of the film and how the story was told. Basically, a very very very poor kid- far poorer than our American experinces, i think ((think if the people who sift through garbage piles arounbd the world looking for stuff (that poor) ))- gets on the Indian version of "Who wants to be a millionare?" and startes to get alot of questions right. The conceit is thus: as a very poor person, he should not possibly be getting the questions right - but he has experiences that lead him to the answer - thus, my appreciation about how this story was told and the plot kept movine.

I got tonnes of ideas for movies - but that basic plot engine- terrible facile in this case, but also terribly effective- is hard to come by. FeX, I've wanted to write about - a novel - about the roofing days bigtime. But the plot? It's involve the night of the Hundred Balllon Raid, where we suffered one of our greatest wartime defeats. My old girlfrenz? That novel (140pages long - really! - and surrundered to time in 2003. it was her who .......'inspired' me..... to that.....) I actually have a GREAT device for that - its seriously great - and sometime I will share it with you. The name of that novel? Why yes, one of my favourite chapter subheadings will be culled fer it: The Errors of Marshal Ney. It pops up as the 'coverstar'title for Securityout from time to time.

Last thoughts: The most beautiful women in the world? Is it Poles or Indian women? So hard to decide. In this flick, the girl star is incredible. That's her above.



"Curious Case of Benjimin Buttons"

Ah - finally Gf gets her choice. Pretty good, but not the end all. It's run by, guess what- Cate Blanchett. She's outstanding. And what a red head. The story was kinda sad, but I'm not sure why- we all die eventually, going back or forth, right? Maybe it was the manipulative music, all the old peole dying, or....what? My own mortality? I dunno.

But -back to Blanchette. Unavoidably, when the movie showed a party w/ lots of young people, I though "Ah, I remember...". When the movie showed battle between nazis and americans...... wait, no, i totally don't remember that. However, lots of great camera /cgi shots went down well. War sences, olden days, etc... But that college era parties........... God did I love those so, and that's one of the hardest things to leave behind. They were all so fun. Driving in the car to work or whereever, when some kickass dansesong coomes on and the sudden urge to be in the midst of 25-30 dansing frenz @ someone house party................................

I guess when it comes time, I should just learn to let it go...

And...back to Blanchette. Goddess. Very sexy. I think, again, I liked her as the young women in N.Y., xcited by youth and life. She ....... ok, enough.

..........................................................
*= "Pasolini" is newHiltspeak for either "movie" or "directing a movie"

2 comments:

megat said...

Hi!! Your blog are very ingenius and nice. I hope follow my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey- you can't include a photo of a woman that hot and not include her name. Just sayin'.