30 January, 2009

the way we are

One of the funner things about being an American - but loving pop music - is that when the giant bands -but still unheard of here by the general public - in tite places. I always knew the deal - that we were getting to see Pulp and Suede and Gene and Blur in impossibly small places that in Eire or England - they no longer played places as small.

So the word went out - the latest great from over there was playing the Metro - so, w/out knowing the bands name - or their music - we were there. Pretty sure this show - it is Oasis, of course, that I am writing about - was only half a dove - $10. Patience has remarked on this - she's not just a Brit, but a Britpopess - and I guess is really don't know completely our good fortune even then. But I realize now.

There were many other bands that the same mite be written about - but that Oasis show was phenominal. Out they walked, and the first song they played was "Rock and Roll Star". By now its a very old song - I can remember telling Q - in the refind period of a single summer - that this was the song that went through my mind when all was rite.

So, sorry. I know I can be a deep bit insufferable by sticking my deals in front of you all the time - but that's by and by a blog, yes?

So, for the last time this week - enjoy the lads. next week is "Hindu Times Week". Just kidding.

No comments: