03 January, 2009

on New years Eve (pictures to follow)

Was Brilliant. No, not the wilde danse party, scores of singles sniffing each other out- it was a beautiful party, fer sure -
( and some strange in place)- but I was deeply saited and moved and felt good.

Two of the last three years we have welcomearrivalnewyear deal @ Big John and Kats Krib up on Montrose. This year there was a great showing - I will forget masses of people - inded didn't know all their names - but Joker and Naussica, Treats and Molly, Snowden, Dragon, Guitars, Chartman, Jokers and Big Johns Roomate on Halsted, Vampire and Sunshine (and many followers, be they brothers or sisters or frenz or girlfrenz of frenz or whathaveyou...), uh, that one guy, and, uh..... I know I'm forgetting people, and also names, ......and being coy.... so i will update later when I relook @ the fotos took...

Funny - one of my last posts was about the melancholy I felt on Xmas. I felt dislocated from my family, to retreat one of the subjects of that piece. But here - not amongst family, really - that I felt great about the holiday get to-getehr. Don't mistake me - family and me is fine, just that day was kinda sorrowful - my body works that way, and never know the time nor place when it waill hit. But it was kinda funny that that family feeling I really was missing inside myself was more than recompensed by this event. I felt on Xmas that I was dust in the wind or whatever - nothing important. But it was my frenz - this nite - who showed and reshowed me that actually - I am special, I am needed, and I am loved. No one came out and said it or whatever, but that feeling was in the air.

So - whan I write that the party was brilliant - it was not in the sense of excitingly beautiful outgoing funky girls dansing till 4.30am. Although those days are not gone (well....there will be soe more instances of this in the future, i hope..) what constitutes 'great parties' was shifted.

Did i drink? There was champainge. Therewas a bottle of Marti & Rossi Spumante - so i grabbed it @ 11.55am and drank a lot of it. I wasn't into the 1/2 and 1/2's this nite - I only repented and tried to get them only to find it was too late. hung w/ dose onnna porch fer a bit, but it was freezing. We had artillery - only one shell was loosed into the sky and made a huge POPP!! when it exploded way above - but then Kat heard "STOP IT!!!" when we all heard "YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!", so the nervousness of the hostess shut us down. The one was kick ass, but the explosion was defening - caution.

Got gifts!! Big John keeps up w/ modern music like he was 25 still. He gave everyone a double CD of his favourite new releases in 2008. It's always a treat to hear the shit these guys listen to - since it is so hard to keep up w/ modern music @ ,my age, it helps to have an editor. Best track on both? "Where do you run to" by the Vivian Girls. Brillant as the party. And then the Joker gave his boys a personalised T shirt. They were all very personal and totally directed @ their recipient. What's I get? Again, that word brilliant - I am now probably the lone person in the world who can rock a Marshal Ney t shirt. The other ones were as personal to their recepiants as mine.

No comments: