15 January, 2009

"Be Seeing You"

Who I am, in some ways, comes from whatever I -we - took out our your performance as #6. Always - always - I thought of myself as just a little bit cooler because of you. Never again can I hear "Dry Bones" and "All you need is Love" w/out feeling a deep profound pride @ being a human being. And since I was ten, the number six has always been distinct.
Again, those Sunday nites when the shows scant 17 show run was broadcast - and then went into dissapearance for most of the 1980's - until, say, 1986 or so and they showed it again - were deeply special. As a ten year old, the show was fucking freaky. the "All you need is Love" part?? And then, as a whatever I was in 1986 or whatever - they played that last #17 again (they'd shown the entire series, 1-17, and then cut ti out again) - and Chemical Man and I sneaking back into my house after it was 'bombed' to kill Teco's fleas he had then. Finally, a lover and I smiling over that same shows line spoken by #6: "Don't mention it....Dad".
Again - partly you are responsible for me. In that, in this world, one of the correct uses of the song "All you need is Love" is , of course, a machine gun battle. What - this brand of humour doesn't speak to Hilts? Rite - hilts speaks to it, and converses with it, and Loves it. I've heard the word of the Lord.
And we will never see you again. So, we remember - the greatest opening sequence to any show ever - this, here, is how the show The Prisoner was introduced to us:
and the was partly how it ended:


be seeing you