10 January, 2009

proof that i am a teenaged girl

Like all other teenage girls everywhere, I have been racing my way through Twilight, the flagship of the current "IT" series of books, Stefanie Meyer's Twilight series. I'm sure you heard of the fuss they made about the release of the movie and the fuss about the kids waiting, Harry Potter new book style, for the new book released this last Aout. On Friday, I joined all my other girls in not just reading it, but reading it @ an astounding clip.

We knew about the books two years ago - my business being books and teenagers, y'know - and it really took off last Spring. Last fall the third installment came in, and all the girls, vampire kids, and the readers all went nuts over it. The frenzy increased the whole school year. Long waiting ques (pronounced 'cues') for the books. We got extra copies of each book, and they all went nuts over it (This is comm en - it used to be Potter and others, but when a book becomes an IT book, thy all want it, and now.). But w/ the movie and book coming over the summer, all the kids wanted to catch up. So, it's not just my school kids: niece.5, who i 11, ran the hole series in a few days. Gf's daughter took each book out in 2 days. And this teenager is well on his way to lopping it off in two days as well. Got the atten of the other librarians ysterday and said "guss what i'm reading?" as i pulled it out from behind my back - we all laughed. Niece.5 will be pleased that I read it (but not as pleased as when i ask her to pay a little piano for my next - one of my next - projects. Processed: remember Liz's holiday party in the loop last year wen I flashed you that piece of video from my camera and said "this is next film?" Well, finally, it really is worked has started, problems found - some overcome. Again, to use my new mountineering terms, it will be alittle of a technical chqllengee - but shouldn't be that bad. Nothing like making yr way safely up the hillary Step, or what have you....).

Not bad. I kinda know a bit about the story - the boy is a vampire w/ a difference, the back cover uses the term"Star crossed lovers", and there is talk of two different peoples - the vampirees and wherewolves. Hmm. I kninda know where this is going, being trained a little bit in lit calsses and my own reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse series that HBO made into True Blood. The books are so much better than the series and it's the R rated version of Twilight. I haven't read Twilight, but I heard True Blood is far better than Twilight.

Hilts said...

Are they acceptable for a hs library? d'ja think?? it'd be a cool suggestion if ther's not too blatnet sex and stuff in it.