03 December, 2007

wkd.3sunnite

Shipelyhouse for an Irish tipped nite. In so many ways more than one, the Shipley's had a suprising nite of people over. I was thinking it'd only be Gf and I (knew the Patient's had been invited), but Curtis, Di Lammermore's, and the Patients. Nine adults and three children (one still has stubbornly not outed itself from prenatailty, so maybe only 2 kids) over for an imprompte dinner. Bayseywatch has been here- partially- later. And with a better picture.

Food? A Gallic (sic) speciality of Guiness beef stew- potatoes, carrots, pasties. It's incredible food. I've had it maybe 5x now, and each time it's better. Smells great too- for hours later. It rivaled White Castle and Harolds all nite, baby*. Always love it.

Brought over mixtures for some Gui-ders, but stupidly I got the syrup version of Guiness (superextrasecretdoublestout) - so gaddamn strong. I had to drink my Guiders outta a small glass so that the deeply bitter beer could mix better with the sweet. I'll never make that mistake again/nooooooooo. But the mini version's I was drinking worked well.

It was a very fun nite. Baywatch is periously close to becoming Babywatch- a fortnite now- so it was good to see them out for one of the last times in this part of their life. Next Friday to say "Say hello to D.C., BBall's " is their projected last nite out. Di Lammermore looked great/ perfect. We'll wait on developments.

Funniest part of nite was when Crankface walked out onto the backporch to either fagit up or chat- but since Curtis, Rocky and I were gossiping about him bigtime, we sent him rite back in. Lots of talking behind his back, I taunt him crankfully. Gossiped a lot. Made sure to dragoon people into Dragon's party 29 December.

And then there was Velvet Underground link= I'd been really feeling "What goes on" a lot recently, and when I got back inside once it was being jammed. Crankface and Rocky had been VU'ing it up a lot lately, so it was kinda fun to have it play. Had to split early from Evanston- maybe 10- so had to cut short viewing the excellent "Wind that shakes the Barly". Have to rent it for Mom.
.........................................................................
*= talking of this is actually a first in this blog- seriously, a year I finally start with this humour??

No comments: