19 December, 2007

cinema

I always 'rent' dvd's and vcr tapes from the Washington Lib in the Loop, then nnever get around to watching them. Gf and I seem rarely to be able to sit down and watch a movie. So, we have seen maybe 2-3 films, @ home, on tv, in the last......half year. I totally know couples who down three films a nite, every nite (well, three a nite sometimes- but two a nite often) , but we have never had that in us. It's kinda frustrating, because all these films pile up, and then I have to go to the local lib and re-up them for another week- then the following week, I do the same. The chicago public libraries are not supposed to renew a film after it's one week period of checkout- but the local people know me and cut me that break. So, I have 5-6 films just waiting to be watched. And none will be.

However, we have seen a few. We saw "Nelly and M. Arnaud" last week, "Red Lights" a few weeks ago, and "Cease Fire" a few months ago. Nelly was the best- both main actors were kool as hell. Red Lights was strange, but very enjoyable- although hard to look @ the screen many times. Cease fire was real light weight- but kool to watch the Iranian man-woman subtleties.

On way homwe yesterday, stopped by Gf's branch and collected the second half of Clint Eastwood's Iwo Jima movies- letters from Iwo Jima. Maybe in 2008 I'll finally get around to watching it.

Whenever we watch a film totally, it feels like a triumph. What a loser I am.

No comments: