12 December, 2007

Berghoff

Liz hosted up a downtown drinkery party for a tuesday @ the Berghoff. This marked the first time since Q’s undergrad graduation that I hung @ there. Well attended. We took up two tables and had a nice and cheery time. They were all eating and boozing it up. I had double Belgian Beers, and they tasted good. Generally I hate beer, unless its Guiness with an equal amount od cider underneath- then I love beer- but this was good. Not too ale-y. A famour belgian beer, @ least here. Wonder if it's as spliffy famous in belgium, though. Like Chop Suey in China. Wait, how did I become all Ulysses's-like all of a sudden? Must be the influence. The skirt on that one today. Ineluctible. Must get the kidney's for her lunch. just ....

What I noticed was all the time the smokers were outside smoking their cigerettes. I'm glad I do not smoke them. Fuck cigerettes. But inside was none. Do believe that the smokers of Illinois have but 3 weeks to enjoy the leaves of their success indoors publicly. No one talkd of it though. They talked of babies and Blackies, french actresses and american actors, music and radio, the difficulty of digitising analog recordings with cheap equipement and naval actions off of the northern coast of Java. Wait- even I didn't talk about Java. Next time.

Since I knew I was going to Liz’s bash, I decided to go to cps to clear up face to face my insurance problems. the fone takes forever- I've learned jut to face to face it. And since I was already going to the Loop, I decided just to do it. I got the best of all news on that front. I got the good insurance- like I would if I was full time- till June, and all that $$$ I’d been paying into Cobra insurance = rite back @ me. Really. Wow.

Also went to Harold Washington to get some more movies. I also was looking for sound effects. Got two, plus hopefully supernice vrc tape. Mite be the only thing I need. Wait- Ulysses again. Stop it!! And the stop @ Harolds. Bet I still stink.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are crank and shou looking @ the same thing??