26 July, 2008

three servents.

And, yes, i do talk about it.

There is that parable in the New T., where jesus talks of three servents of the master who left town for a bit. he gave them the cash while he was gone - 10 pieces to one, five to the next, and two to the last.


Lonf story short, when the master comes back, he is overjoyed that the one w/ 10 made 10 more - ditto doublings re: the one w/ five.


But the one w/ two pieces? did he invest it? No. he buried it and returned the two to his master upon the return.


And jesus went ballistic. Hands on the back for the ones who invested the money wisely - for who you can trust in small matters, you can tryust in large matters - but the one who buried the cash is OUTTA HERE!!


So, commonly accepted, Jesus tlls us that we all have gives -even though somes gifts may be more -but whatever gift you have been givem ya gotta rock that shit and not just.....well, leave it buried.


Gf and i were talking about whatever, and my Dad came up. She wa telling me I have done well, but i instantly compared mself to Dad through this parable. My Dad was "given two", and I feel he made millions back for the Lord. However, I - through the hard work of my Dad and Mom, specfiaclly the comparison is made- I was given 10 - but instead of giving back 20, I can't even give back the original 10. In fact, i feel that I'm still borrowing and borrowing and borrowing and that i probably owe 30 or 40 or millions.


God has given both my Dad and i gifts. My Dad, who recieved less than me (in terms of this parable) in growing up in such a shitty ghetto of a nation 100 years ago, not 2008, y'all), has made the most of it. But me, who was born in America and w/ such gifts all over - i feel i'm wasting it all.


Iwish I could be more like my dad. In the good ways. But fuck - slap my education on my Dad, and - truely- the world would have been different. I wish I had his power combined with..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You still have time to do it. Just get off your ass, stop wasting time with frivolous endeavors and bad habits. What ever makes you weak, cut it out of your life. Dr. Jenke, Mr. Guinness, Mr. Cola are not your friends. Get focussed, make goals, create a plan, and stick to it. Get help when needed from family, friends, and professionals. Stop blaming others, feeling sorry for yourself, and whining about it. The Lord helps those who help themselves Psalm 37:39-40. Pops lived a long and fruitful life. What is stopping you?