02 July, 2008

Strange process / Tuesday Afternoon.1

Went to the Loop yesterday morning to have a strange interview. Different, I should write. It was a three hour ....meeting...?... with eight candidates and a team of administartors to a school on the South Side thatb is going restructuring' or something. It is an inner city school w/ lotsa problems, and they interview structure was based on watching us work with our fellow teachers.

Strange, except that the administration expects that there will be an enormous amount of off classroom work -y'know, planning out new avenues and paths for the school etc... that the staff should be in this mode a lot.

So - instead of a one on one talk, we broke into small groups, planned on changes, and then we presented our plans. Then we talked about a 30p paper we had been given @ the job fair last week. It was much like grad school, in some respects. I think I did ok. We'll see.

ALso stopped by the Harold Washington Library. I had some DVD's out, so I returned some to my local library so I could get some more out @ the great collection they have in the Loop. Got that copy of "Origin's of Christianity' (vol. 2) which CP libraries had marked 'lost' - well, nope. Then another Jajanese film starring the guy who was in..............what was that film?.......... and another till I was @ my limit. I love visiting their dvd collections -they have so mnay, and lots funky. Great to browse.

No comments: