08 July, 2008

Rockers

Went up to catch a band practice by Bulls Pulpit, and ended up subbing for the arrested drummer. In jail fer a week. Sheesh. So, there were three srtringed instruments being played and me tryingnot to mess up enough on the drums. All three guys are chil, but I bet they musta been driven crazy by my unmusical attempts. Wait- Iwas trying, 100?- but shit I can't carry a beat, alongside harder stuff. @ one point I was eating chips in one hand and decided to just try to keep a beat by hitting the drumstick w/ one hand on the rim. Processed called me out on that one, parafrasing "Perfect - everytime now on this song you have to be eating chips w/ one hand and drumming w/ the other hand". Funny -it was the only time I sounded any where near professional.
But, funnily, I got to play w/ the band on two of my favourite songs in the whole wide world - "Ca suffit" and that "Oo-la-la-lala oh la lay" song Homes wrote. On both songs - joyous expressions of life for me -I naturally just started to whack all the cymbals and drums and try to racket it up to most racketful.
Must've sucked for the band to try and play through that.
Also got "The Black Box" digitised by Processed- 45 Stones songs on a cassette, now ready so I can give out to frenz. He also burned some other stuff for me -including a secret soundtrack to a 'film' in the werkes for 1/2 year. It'll be not noticed by most, but for about 4 people - it'll be heaven. Note to Processed - I'm gonna cut it up into three parts and just release each by and by.

No comments: