25 July, 2008

Hulk Smash / Iron Man

Long time a California ago, visiting time became dinner time; Vito, his Other @ the time , and I decided that it was to be pasta made @ home for us. We all took parts, and soon it was hot noodles yumm.


The next nite, since we had such a great time allcooking that pasta, we pondered fer a bit what to eat this nite - and it came out"lets do pasta again!!" Sure sure, pasta is cooked and cooked simply many nites in a row in places other than that Oakland site - but those two decisions 10y ago stayed w/ me since.


Gf and I visited La Grange to see "Hulk" on Thursday -and since we had such a good time, we went back the next nite to take in "Iron Man". Same dynamic - hey, last nite was fun, there is a clear opportunity to recreate that fun w/out being tiresome - so let's do it again.


We also discovered that one of the problems of visiting La Grange on a busy nite is solved - that there structure is a FREE parking garage*. No more circling and circling.


So, Hulk and Iron Man. I liked both a great deal, Hulk being ahead on points. I was always into the Marvel Comics deal - The Spiderman being the Man, as far I was concerned** - but have a great deal of affection for the others - Rom, Captain America, the New Mutants (Rhane Sinclair !!), Fantastic Four, X Men-- and, yes, Hulk and Iron Man. I read both the contemporary stuff growing up- the 1970/80's - but also the stuff from the 1960's in reprints. So, a lot of the history was there - it was always great to see attention to the little details - Hulk getting purple pants, fEx, and Iron Man putting the red into his suit. And many more - Shield, anyone?


Gf liked Iron better than Hulk -me vise-versa (sic). She'd wanted to see Iron on the Thursday nite - she likes Robert Downey Jr a lot (I was late) - so she was predisposed to enjoy it better - but I was neutral on both going in. Both had lotsa action and good stories. Well, the action was cool as hell, and the plot allowed for the action.
Recommends.
..............................................................................................
*= a garage in which one pays would never be any sort of a solution in Hilts world.
**=give me "The Amazing Spiderman" # 147-149 or give me ....

No comments: