01 June, 2007

White Sox 0, Cubs 2,

Went to cubs game on Wednesday with Jackson, Bonnix, and Frankie Diamonds. Another case of me never seeing my frenz anymore, and god bless the opportunity to habg when it came up. Will see jackson @ upcoming Trust show. So will you.

Game was great, although cubs got clobbered. This made the crowd testy. A 0-9 loss will make you do "booooooooosssss!!!!".

Again, the star attraction was th women....nono, it was wrigley field.....nah, it was the women. Again, and i know I've said this 75m times, and i will quote this again and again, upwards of 45m x again:

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes/
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Undoubtly, the greatest couplet ever in blogging history. beats anything the beatles ever wrote.
However, this is the second baseball game ive been to this year, and both have been cubbies. Fucking Sox.....

Jackson had the insite of the nite. This year was the first time I'd been to nite games @ Wrigley ever. I used to go to tonnes of games growing up, but by, say, July of 1984 the cubs were no longer cool and I've only been to a few gaems since then- all day. To this day, a nite game @ W. on tv looks strange. But jackson said that the lighting on the field and crowd (and undoubtly w/ all the bricks inside and outside the stadium) makes it looks like and old city street scene: the street lamps, the buildings, people wandering, the girls in their summer clothes, etc...

Another thing that was kool was that i hung with the boys. I'm w/ Gf so much, I forget how much I like to hang w/out worrying about her (Friday nite in Berwyn). It is a concern, because I'm usually bad in social situations. I'm such a strange mix of outgoing socialable person and wilde loner.

Also, I took the el. I so rarely do these days, but wed. and then fri. I did roundtrips. It was fun to be @ 95th and state again, after so long being away. nothings changed. From wrigley I walked to belmont to experience the neighbourhood. Love to walk.

No comments: