01 June, 2007

Fleet Action is Imminent

The greatest signal from naval warfare ever sent:

"Fleet action is Imminent"

This is the...... well, the Battle of Jutland happened on 31 Mai and 1st Juin 1916. As a jesusfreak, yes I know that I should be ashamed of being interested in warfare- I'll take that up with Him after I die. But Jutland was part of my becoming a man. I first learned to love it by reading Marders 2.5k page history of the Royal navy in that period- soon I became a Jutland freak, explored the life of Nelson, then etc etc etc back to ancient times. Funny, the first ever thing I ever did in this blog was jutland.

Why a man? Because i left behind my fasination with the US Navy in WWII- AmericanWarboys growing up in my generation were forcefed America in WWII, be it in books, Hogans Heroes , The Great Escape,and vets living all over and telling their story. Jutland was the first time I went elsewhere- the Eastern Front followed, Greek warfare, Waterloo, strategic bombing in WW1 and Korea and etc.....

I'll write @ lenght on Jutland when I have time-- I'll link it back to this article- but the touchy march of time........

And, yes, the signf. of "Fleet Action is Imminenet" will come...

No comments: