15 February, 2007

Shaking Hell

I’ve been sicker in life than this bit of influenza. On a scale of 5, I’d put my sickness @ only 3. I had none of the orange nitemares that occur when the body temp is so high it colours the brain. @ 5 is when the orange nitemares start. I remember when I was little I was so feverish my parents put me sleeping in the dining room. The easier to minister me. I remember that episode as me being @ my sickest. Can’t wait, if I get old, to experience the sickness that’ll kill me. If my path leads that way. I always contrast, when I’m sick, is how well I got it compared to a dysentery inflicted Holocaust victim. Context says im lucky.

Always a highlight of any fever is he sweating and shaking that accompanies it. A lot of it was too much sweatsoaked clothes. Worries me a lot, 'cause it isn't just influenza times that set me shaking like hell. Too cold out? Shiver. Run to the w.c. @ 3am? Race back to the covers and warmth. Ive discovered gf is a great base to come back to. But I really worry sometimes cause the shaking is stunningly large-I believe that a mite have a heart attack out of it one day, its so unusual and pronounced. Luckily, i'm having some heart teast soon, but we'll see......

Couldn’t drink the acidic tasting juice that I tried, but water went down good style. Loved it. Started to experience a new type of water as I got better: cold water. As I heal, the sugar water that Coca-Cola makes is on my working menu.

No eating. Usual not eating of anything for 2-3 days when I get the flu. Don't know how much weight I lost, but I did weigh almost 170lb.s as of Monday. Tried to eat some bread early on ‘cause I was feeling sore in the empty stomach. All I ate was maybe a thumbnail of hard tack….err, bread. That was enough for a long time. Then I tried some soup. Three soupspoons was enough for a bit. I threw it all uo @ 7pm Tuesday. In time, a bit of yogurt was followed a few hours later by half of the cup. It was early Wed. afternoon when I ate some scoops of oatmeal mommy made for me. So, I’ve really yet to eat anything.


Today I join what I saved yesterday. I'm still very sick. But I made it to school, even though I'm running @ 20%. I'm going to take it easy: we are ordering books, and todays seems like a great time to set up a final list for some. Ate White Castles last nite, but that's been it. Some cheese and crackers for breakfast. I'll be allright.

There're'll be No Trivia To-nite for me. Just dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha sends her commiserations as do I. Hope you're back to 100% very soon.

Your friend,
Blackie