12 February, 2007

Dragons Party

Dragons Party #1

Was great success. Who ever thought. Well, I figgered it’d be good for a few weeks now, with what people said they were coming. But it all came through. I was lazy. I was supposed to pick up drink and eat and other manner of party supply; Dragon, however, did most of that work. Well, I guess is was his show, but I said I’d help more than I did. Came a few hrs after I was supposed to be there to help him out, but he had it all set except for the arrivals. Roxxx was first in, and was the only guest for a long while. He said I don’t care what anyone says………… (wait, I’ll be a disciplined writer and not process some inside joke rite here that only I will get).

So, lots of stuff about the party:

Dragon was a bit worried beforehand that the crib mite be too small for all the people invited, but it turned out to create a crowded house w/out it being insufferable. Good fit. He had the long room divided naturally by the two couches . Two sets of people could hang out sitting. The kitchen was full with two sets. Finally the bedroom was filled when Vampires crew arrived. Nice mass of people. Dragon put stunning loads of work in getting the crib ready. He minimized the place to maximize area for people and for taste. Worked. Cleaned it up, decorated, and provided drinx. Gf and I helped set up. Gf brought eight folding chairs and Gallo four. Good idea by gf and I so people were able to sit.

All four B-day boys had people there. Chart. Me. The Vampire. Joker was least repped, but brang exactly who he was supposed to : Mr. & Mrs. Good job on all four fronts. It was Chartman who, more than any one person, keyed the party’s success. On the evite, Chart said he was bringing 12 people. Thought it was a joke, but he brought, well, like 12 people. But even more important, that essential building blocks of a successful party, party girls, made up a good % of his guests. His contribution was loud, lively, alive, bustling and boisterous. Wow. Fellow birthday boy Vampire brought his large crowd of peoples. Excellent.

Lots of strangers. Exchanged excitements w/ Lipmann about the glory of strangers @ a party. For me, parties are best crowded, spiced liberally w/ frenz, but wit a heavy hand of strangers. That belending of different peoples make things so fresh. Last nite, the crowd was very strange. Even I, who knew more people there than anyone else, had no clue to about 40% there. Fuckin’ Great.

Festive guests: Sea of Jen wore Mardi Gras beads. Homes and wife wore outsized wiggs. 17-18 years ago parties certain hosts used to wear suit and ties (I have pictures) @ their soriees and its something I have sometimes honored through the years. I was thinking of a tie and jacket, but opted for the functional galloface style of black jeans and collared shirt. No festy-ness, just comfy-ness.

Lots of chix, crawling all over, looking good. I should have Oedipus’d my eyes. Ok, I’ll stop writing on this subject, but it is important to testify for future generations to the truth of this…………

I invited people from school. None showed up. Deeply do I love my people from school, but it was ok none showed, to see my other side of me. The starin’ off side, the profoundly loud leidens of expressions, etc……….. Also invited people from grammar school outside the regular crew. None showed, was ok again. That starin’ off side. Would have been a nice surprise.

People I grew up wit showed. Lazerman and Straw were there, joined by Peppys. No Chemical man, who was supposed to show. With Gf, me, Lazers, Peppys, and Dragon, there was a pretty decent J & B squad on the floor.

Through the years some or others of the old guard would show up @ a North Side party. Par example:
Mid 90’s @ Stoi’s Sheffield place across from Wrigley with Moho and Lazerman.
May ’92 @ 1207 W. Morse , when Straw, Big Man of Crime (not to be confused with The Big Man), and S’ed (not to be confused w/ Ed SS) showed up.
1995 @ Khans (Armitage and Western), featuring WWW.wojo.com.
2002, @ 1400 N. Milwaukee Ave featuring WWW.wojo.com


News passed on re. an old lover. Funny the whole ‘small world ‘ stuff. Funnier still hearing bits ’bout an old girl. She was kool. I wish her good luck. More on her below, actually.

Drink was done well. There was a lot bought beforehand, and despite the late hours of the show (I left @ 3.30am), there was beer just about till then. I should have gotten another 12r, but I failed in my duty. I was laso supposed to get Popeye’s chicken, some white wine, and etc……..I messed up a bit, but ‘alls well…..’ Personally, I drank 2 ciders, 3 Belgian beers, then some other Belgian beers, then soda…… Dragon left on a beer run late into the game, but time had expired on liquor sales. In the end, it was ok.

Roxx turns the obnoxious cheek. I hope too many people weren’t offended by the Roxx show. It was nice, not his possibly crazy turn. But he was loud, obnoxious, boorish, drunk…etc…all good attributes of his, actually, if they do not get out of hand. Nice balance, from what I saw. In many ways it was like he was the wee lad with the locomotive obsession let loose in the train depot. Every buzz on the intercom heralding newcomers to the party asking entrance was accompanied by Roxx jumping hurdles to scream expletives into the intercom. And out the window. Rocky has developed the persona of the cranky old man forever. A nurtured part. It pisses lots and lots of people off. I’ve always loved it. Living the life of a performance artist myself and knowing the inherent difficulties, I’ve taken great joy in watching the Show and noting new outrageous highs. The Show has pissed me off many times over the years, don’t get me wrong. Ive’ played the victim to that fucking jackass. But he was plugged in goodly last nite, irritating and on. Some strangers voiced strong antirock assignations. So be it.

I was outlasted. Was not in my proper place as the Last to leave a party. Not to-nite. Left @ 0330h w/ gf. Chickenballs was passed out on the couch, and was feeling ok to leave it to the others to safeguard him. C-balls was blanketed bigtime. He was there early. Hadn’t seen him in awhile. Married w/ kid in the suburbs.


Ok, all I have to add is that it was a good show. Dragon be proud for the shit you pulled off. And get ready for the next go-around. Pass the word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

recap....obnoxious guy screaming out the window........loud feedback on the stereo......old leches leering at women.......